How, When, and Why We Collect Information
- Activity That Doesn’t Require Registration. You can view content on the website without registering or providing personal information. When you enter the website, we collect information such as your browser and operating system type and IP address to optimize your experience and track aggregate website usage. In addition, we use a “session” cookie to identify you while you are on the website, if cookies are enabled on your computer.
- Activity Requiring Registration. Certain activities on the website require you to register. To become a registered user, we ask you to provide your name, zip code and email address.If you decide to register, we use a persistent cookie that stores certain information. However, none of your personal information is stored in that cookie.
- Usage Information. We may record information about your website usage, such as when you use the site, the areas of the site you click on and/or participate in, and whether or not you subscribe to the RSS feed. A persistent cookie may be used to track this information. We may use pixel tags and/or trackable links in emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and/or clicked on by recipients.
- Polls and Surveys. From time to time, we may conduct polls and surveys. Information collected through polls, surveys, and questionnaires is used in the aggregate, unless we contact you to request permission to use your individual responses for a particular purpose.
- Petitions: When you sign one of our petitions, we treat your name, city, state, and any comments as public information. We may, for example, provide compilations of petitions to policy leaders, without disclosing email addresses.
Uses of Personal Information
- We will use your email address to communicate with you about our activities and offerings, unless you opt-out from receiving such messages. Although we hope you’ll find these communications informative and useful, if you don’t, you can always unsubscribe by following the simple instructions included in each email.
- When you send email or other communications to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- We use both your personally identifying information and certain non-personally-identifying information (such as anonymous usage data, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality of your user experience and the design of the website and to create new features, functionality, and services.
- We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as processing mailings, providing customer support, or performing statistical analysis of our services. We will only provide those companies the personal information they need to deliver the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
We may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with an appropriate law enforcement investigation, current judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on our website.
We welcome your comments regarding this policy. Please email us at: email@example.com.